This year you can make your gifts especially unique and thoughtful. They will certainly be surprised when you tell them their gift is made from a wine barrel and once held their favorite beverage!
Gifts for Him
This will look amazing next to the wine he spills on his tie, but at least this tie bar will keep his tie out of his food.
Gifts for the Home
Purchasing one of these unique wine barrel gifts means you are helping to support a small US family based business.
- When will my items arrive? How are they packaged?
- We ship most items within a day of ordering. Typically we have shipped using USPS priority mail, so that packages arrive in 2-3 days. Given inconsistencies with USPS, we may ship via UPS to ensure faster delivery. Ordering before December 14th should ensure delivery before Christmas. And if you want to test fate, you can order up until December 16th, your item will ship on the 17th or 18th, which is USPS’s cut off date for priority mail this year. But there is a good chance you won’t receive your package in time for Christmas.
- We ship our products in a plain white box, however our shipping label does include our name, so make sure you hide that box when it arrives.
- Will my item look exactly like the item in the photo?
- No. There are variances in color between different pieces since all products are made from wine barrel wood. The dark coloring of the wood is a unique process we use to bring out the richness in the natural oak wood. We do not stain the wood.
- Will the item I receive be perfect without any flaws?
- We make every effort to craft each piece with care and precision, but these items aren’t manufactured in a large factory with outrageously expensive machines. We are proud of our Wabi -sabi.
- What is Wabi-sabi?
- In traditional Japanese aesthetics, wabi–sabi (侘寂) is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of appreciating beauty that is “imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete” in nature.
Wine Barrels used to age and store wine are typically used for only one or two vintages. Once they are no longer needed, we take them apart, and through a process of 7 steps mill the wood into the thickness used for most of our products.